Join the team
Work with a dynamic team in New York City!
Work @ Girl Be Heard...
Girl Be Heard (GBH) develops, amplifies, and celebrates the voices of young women through socially conscious theatre-making. We bring global issues affecting girls center stage by creating cutting-edge, cause-related theatre – inspired, written and performed by girls (12-21) – that is thought-provoking and actionable. Join our team and be the change!
Girl Be Heard is seeking a Development Associate. This is a paid, full-time position.
Assist the Director of Development and other office Staff with the following tasks:
• Draft grant proposals, reports, letters of inquiry, and supplemental materials.
• Conduct research on funding opportunities and update opportunities in Salesforce and on Google Grants Calendar.
• Manage grant application and reporting deadlines in Salesforce and Google Grants Calendar.
• Maintain donor and funder records, electronically on Dropbox and Salesforce, and in physical files.
• Engage in donor cultivation by generating donor stewardship communications, including making phone calls, writing cards, coordinating with the Communications team on thank you videos, and attending funder/donor-related events.
• Enter, manage, and analyze data; run reports; and create dashboards in Salesforce. Run reports in QuickBooks.
• Provide logistical and administrative support for GBH performances, and fundraising and cultivation events—including but not limited to: the GBH Gala, Summer Soiree, Amplifier events, and Foundation site visits.
• Track Board give/gets.
• Assess and maintain Monitoring and Evaluation tools (FormAssembly and SurveyMonkey), and analyze the data collected.
• Experience and strong interest in fundraising.
• Strong writing skills. Grant proposal writing experience required.
• Detail oriented, with strong organizational skills.
• Strong oral communication skills and ability to converse with major donors and foundation officers in a confident and professional manner.
• Strong research and analytical skills.
• Computer literacy: Google Apps, Dropbox, Excel, and Word required. Salesforce, QuickBooks, Form Assembly, and SurveyMonkey knowledge preferred.
• Ability to present numerical data clearly and effectively.
• Social media savvy a plus.
• Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who thrives working in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
• Strong interest in local and global issues affecting girls, women, and TGNC youth, and passionate about dismantling racism.
Girl Be Heard develops, amplifies, and celebrates the voices of young women through socially conscious theatre-making.
Girl Be Heard creates cutting-edge, cause-related theatre – inspired, written and performed by girls (12-21) – that is thought-provoking and actionable. Our non-profit theatre company gives voice to issues that girls care about most (such as bullying, body image, and self harm). Our company also takes on global issues affecting girls worldwide – such as sex trafficking, forced child marriage, and gender-based violence – and regularly performs our acclaimed shows at the United Nations, TED conferences, and The White House.
Our curriculum encourages young women to think critically about social justice, challenge stereotypes, foster friendships, and build tools for bringing about positive change in their communities.
Compensation: Full‐time, commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, paid vacation, personal days, and holidays.
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 2 writing samples (fundraising-related preferred) to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line. Position open until filled.
FULL TIME POSITIONS
PART TIME POSITIONS
At Girl Be Heard our shows give voice to issues that girls care about most (such as bullying, body image, and self harm). Our company also takes on global issues affecting girls worldwide such as sex trafficking, forced child marriage, and gender-based violence; and regularly performs our acclaimed shows at the United Nations, TED conferences, and The White House.
Girl Be Heard’s education curriculum encourages young women to think critically about social justice, challenge stereotypes, foster friendships, and build tools for bringing about positive change in their communities. Our programs are housed in 17 sites in NYC (12 Title schools, 3 detention centers, one church, and a community center). We also launched the first program abroad in Trinidad and Tobago this year.
Girl Be Heard is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender identity or expression, color, national origin, ability, ethnicity, sex, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. Girl Be Heard seeks a broad spectrum of employees and is strongly committed to a diverse and equitable work environment. People of all backgrounds, abilities, gender expressions, ethnicities, races, sexual orientations, religions, and nationalities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Girl Be Heard’s main office is located in the DUMBO area of Brooklyn. Our offices are air-conditioned and located in wheelchair accessible buildings.