WHO ARE AMPLIFIERS & WHAT DO THEY DO?
The Girl Be Heard Amplifiers are a vibrant community of young professionals who are passionate about furthering Girl Be Heard’s mission to develop, amplify, and celebrate the voices of young women through socially conscious theatre-making. Amplifiers support and “amplify” the work of Girl Be Heard through fundraising, events, and engaging in other activities to broaden our community of supporters. The Amplifiers also provide direct support to the organization by bringing their individual skills, knowledge, and expertise to all aspects of Girl Be Heard’s mission.
AMPLIFIERS’ ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
I’M READY! HOW DO I APPLY?
We’re seeking young professionals who are passionate about girl empowerment, love planning events and networking, and are interested in working on a team of dynamic leaders. We welcome any and all genders, races, abilities, ethnicities, backgrounds, and experiences. We strive for a group that represents the diversity of the girls in our programs and of New York City.
To be considered for the Girl Be Heard Amplifiers, apply here. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Interviews will be scheduled once applications have been processed. Please contact Lily Chang, Development Manager, at email@example.com with any questions.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Co-Chairs Lead the Amplifiers to expand the reach and visibility of Girl Be Heard through:
• Strategy: Work with GBH to create vision and strategy for Amplifiers.
• Direction: Plan and facilitate (with GBH staff points) all-Amplifier meetings.
• Communication: Oversee committees and communicate vision and strategy to all Amplifiers.
• Support: Provide oversight and support for all Amplifier-planned events.
All Amplifiers Amplify the work of Girl Be Heard through:
• Representation: Become knowledgeable about GBH’s mission & programs by attending a minimum of
one show each year.
• Service: Amplifiers serve on one of four committees:
– Events & Partnerships
• Participation: Attend two meetings in New York City each year, and relevant committee meetings.
• Collaboration: Collaborate with GBH staff to integrate the Amplifiers collective network & resources as
part of organization’s overall development & leadership skills matrix.
• Give (or get): Annual minimum of $250 (through fundraising, ticket purchases for shows/events, etc.)
• Amplification: Share your enthusiasm & energy by bringing friends, colleagues, & others to GBH
events & performances.